- Include a photo of the front and back of the machine with annotation numbers added.
- Annotation list should include things like which NIC is which, which serial port is which but doesn’t need to be silly and include which one is the power plug. :)
- It should include the MAC address and IP address settings for each NIC.
- Serial port info should include “has getty @ Speed(n81)”
- We do not have remote serial at MSP, so you will probably want to have a system that supports IPMI or some other ethernet based console.
- We’ll need to accurately measure the power draw for the machine. There should be a measuring device in the rack.
If shipping disks non-mounted (say in a nice padded pelican case) of course you should document the correct mounting positions.
Some configuration suggestions for shipping machines
- Having one NIC setup for DHCP is probably a good idea.
- Setting up a dynamic dns account may also be a good idea.
We still need to document what kind of hardware is required in our racks.
IO Cooperative, Inc, c/o Honeycomb Internet Services 77 13th Ave. NE Suite 210 Minneapolis, MN 55413
Ship the device to :
Attn. Telx c/o IO Cooperative, Inc. SCL2-001.M03.01 2820 Northwestern Parkway Suite 100 SANTA CLARA CA 95054
Write “Inside Delivery” on the package.
When it arrives, we’ll have to arrange for someone to rack it. IRC or the members list is the best place to start.