Administrative & Legal Committee Charter
The Administrative & Legal Committee is responsible for handling all matters of general administration, processing of legal requests, and managing regulatory compliance.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing abuse complaints within 1 (California) business day
- Processing DMCA complaints within 1 (California) business day
- Processing all voice mail within 1 (California) business day of receipt at Twilio
- Processing all postal mail within 3 (California) business days of receipt at Traveling Mailbox
- Assembling annual report with input from other committees (due Aug 1)
- Planning logistics for annual meeting (Aug 1)
- Managing the cooperative’s insurance policy, including annual renewals, etc. (not sure of expiration date)
- Procure and manage legal counsel as needed
- Evaluating, developing, implementing software automation tools in pursuance of committee responsibilities
- Documenting the policies and procedures adopted in pursuance of committee responsibilities
Authority & Limitations
TThe Administrative & Legal Committee is authorized to develop policies and procedures for meeting its functional responsibilities, and delegating tasks among its members. The decisions, policies, and procedures of the committee may be overturned by majority vote of the board or a supermajority vote of the membership at large.
The chair of the committee is authorized to act as an agent of the cooperative, with respect to legal and administrative vendors, when acting within the good faith, authorization, and knowledge of the board of directors.