Finance Committee Charter
The finance committee is responsible for the financial well being of the cooperative. The specific tasks include:
- Paying datacenter bills. Currently they auto-pay so this only involves record keeping.
- Checking non-standard invoices we receive from our vendors to ensure they’re warranted and we should pay them. Contesting the charge if they aren’t through support tickets or emails with the vendor.
- Pay City, State and Federal taxes
- Pay annual ARIN fees
- Updating recurring payments when our debit cards change numbers or expire
- Deal with members who don’t pay their bills
- Pursuing members who’s autobill credit cards stop working
- Resolve tickets in the finance ticket queue
- Dealing with billing complaints/issues or contested invoices from members that stem from Freshbooks invoices or reminders
- Issue invoices for members with bandwidth overages or who request services directly from the datacenter and incur costs
- End-of-fiscal-year accounting (Fiscal Year ends June 30th) (w/ accountant)
- Prepare financial statements
- Review financials
- Reconcile financials (basic bookkeeping)
Authority and Limitations
The Administrative & Legal Committee is authorized to develop policies and procedures for meeting its functional responsibilities, and delegating tasks among its members. The decisions, policies, and procedures of the committee may be overturned by majority vote of the board or a supermajority vote of the membership at large.
The chair of the committee is authorized to act as an agent of the cooperative, with respect to legal and administrative vendors, when acting within the good faith, authorization, and knowledge of the board of directors.
Last updated: 2022-11-09 13:50:16 by ops